Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Today is the day - Day 1

So I've been reading a lot about polyphasic sleep and the Uberman Sleep Schedule. I woke up around 5 AM this morning with no intention of starting this today, however after a few hours of deliberation - I have come to the conclusion better now than never.

My first nap will be at 2 PM today. I've decided the best schedule for me will be 2, 6, 10 for naps. Let's see how long this carries on and my social life doesn't interfere. At this point, I have no social engagements until the upcoming Sunday. Essentially Day 5 - and if need be I'll squeeze a quick nap in. However, I'm jumping ahead as I don't even know if I'll be able to make it to day 5. I'll blog more about myself later on - perhaps in the night hours when all's quiet in the house.

---------------

3:30 PM update ---  So I tried taking an afternoon nap, something I've never been able to do.  Just as I thought, I didn't fall asleep.  Perhaps at 6.

---------------

7 PM update --- Well, the 6 o'clock nap didn't go as planned either.  However, this time I'm not sure if I fell asleep.  I guess I'm anxious about this whole process.

---------------

11 PM update --- Similar to the other nap attempts, this one was also a bust.  Tried to sleep for 20 of the 30 minutes and finally frustrated I just got up.  c'est la vie.  2 AM!  I'm counting on you.  If not definitely by 6 AM I should be able to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment