Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 4 - 3 AMish Update

Yesterday evening, since my modification of the schedule two things happened:
  1. My noon nap got delayed until 2 PM
  2. I completely missed my 6 PM nap
The good thing that came out of it was that the midnight nap was flawless.  I actually ended up falling asleep quite quickly and was in pretty deep sleep.  I'm still not having the vivid dreams that other folks have experienced during this process.  I guess I'm still not getting into REM sleep right away.  Hopefully soon.  I actually ended up sleeping for just over an hour - I guess making up for lost time if you can call it that.

My days have become interesting.  I don't see a clear break from one day to the next anymore.  It seems that I have to take external cues such as calendar date or time to determine that I'm in the next day since the prolonged nightly sleep isn't there.

I've also noticed a few changes in my normal behavior / health.  Typically, I would take a shower every morning once I woke up.  Now I'm taking 2 showers in a 24 hour period.  For some reason, I'm taking a shower right after I get up from my noon nap and the midnight one.  Perhaps my body is seeing it as 2 days?  Additionally, I've seem to have developed sort of a cold.  I seem to get a runny nose when I'm getting closer to my nap time and begin sneezing.  Perhaps I'm getting sick or it's a cue telling me that I need to sleep? 

As for my diet, I've been trying to keep it as healthy as I can.  As I mentioned before, I'm trying to keep up the high fruit intake, with limited caffeine intake.  Additionally, I've also cut down my meat intake.  It's weird, when I am able to eat, I'm not getting that hungry.  Perhaps it's because I gorge at iftaar time and I'm set for the rest of the night?  One thing I don't do is drink water throughout the night.  It's something I'm going to remedy immediately.

Currently, I still feel sleepy.  When I got up after snoozing my alarm for 1/2 an hour, I felt that I could probably sleep for another 3 to 4 hours easily.  In terms of awareness, concentration etc..  I feel that my awareness level right now is quite low - probably a 4, concentration is near a 5 and lastly, I'm really not motivated to do anything.  I'm going to try to push myself to get some work done and once again try to get a work out in.  So far I've "planned" on working out but haven't managed to get myself to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment