Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 17 - Early AM Update

Well what can I say, yesterday overall wasn't a good day for me.  I guess I had been more fatigued than I realized and my body began to complain.  I was doing well most of the night however, as time went on I developed a headache and a slight fever.  Finally time came for my 6 AM nap and when I awoke from it, I was miserable.  My eyes were burning, I couldn't even open them fully, my head was pounding and completely foggy as well as I had developed a low grade fever resulting in periodic sweats.

I'm just postulating that the abovementioned condition was due to fatigue, however, it could very well have been due to the recently changing weather.  Whatever the case was, I spent the majority of my day in bed, trying not to necessarily sleep in order to keep my schedule intact.  By mid-afternoon,  I did feel better, however the fogginess in my head never fully retracted nether did the headache.  As I sit here currently, I feel that I'm adjusted, however I can also feel my eyes beginning to burn again and my head is throbbing - albeit at a very low level.  Today, I had a significant number of things on my To-Do list, which obviously did not get completed, one of which was a report for a client.  I hope I can maintain enough focus and get it done tonight.  Overall, this sleep schedule is beginning to wear on me.  I'm also beginning to doubt if it's feasible in the long run.  The big thing is that even in 6 hour increments it's difficult to maintain a set schedule.  There are inevitably events which happen on a near daily basis which cause one to deviate.  Anyhow, as it stands I'm going to truck through it for at least another week and a half - I want to give it a full week without fasting and see if there's a difference. 

Overall, I feel that my focus levels are pretty good during the night hours, at least for the first 2 to 3 hours after my nap.  Looking at the time now, I must be nearing the end of my focus time.

No comments:

Post a Comment