Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 3 - Afternoon Update

Since I decided to space my naps every 6 hours instead of 4, I've been able to get to sleep easily.  Being an armchair doctor / psychologist / sleep therapist with absolutely zero training in any of the aforementioned, it is my humble opinion that I'm not stressing about having to go to sleep and waking up at the cost of missing out on work obligations.  Additionally, I've allowed myself extra flexibility.

Today for example, my noon nap didn't begin until 2:30 PM.  I'm okay with it.  I'm not sure where it puts my evening nap?  I've decided I'm just going to take cues from my body and when I feel sleepy, I'll take a 45 min power nap.  It may be at 6 or it may be at 10?  Let's see how this work.  One thing which doesn't work is trying to force myself to sleep when I'm not sleepy.

Now on to other stuff.  Overall, since I've been awake, my awareness and concentration levels have both been 8 or higher.  Last night my concentration level was at a 3 - and that's me being generous.

I'm not beginning to feel that my body is adapting a little bit.  I am again looking forward to the night time hours where I can take care of the numerous projects I have for myself as well as get some quality work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment