Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 2 - Evening Update - 7 PM

Things were seemingly going well, however I still am not able to get to sleep within the prescribed 1/2 hour time frame.  It is beginning to wear on me as I have a terrible headache.  Along with the headache, while my awareness level seems to be fine, I'm extremely lethargic and am not able to concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes.

Since beginning this experiment I have completely given up caffeine (other than one diet coke last night), I haven't been over eating and managing my diet.  I've put extra stress on fruits and vegetables, still I feel that I'm not adjusting as I should.

At this point, I've decided that I will give it one more 24 hour period to put it to 3 days and see how it goes.  If I'm able to make some improvements, at least in my ability to fall asleep, I'll continue this experiment, however, if I'm unable to fall asleep in more than two consecutive napping times I'll end it.

One thought just crossed my mind, if fasting during this pre-adjustment phase has any impact on my ability to adapt or it's irrelevant.  At this point I believe it to be irrelevant as I have had sleeping problems for as long as I can remember.

My main objective through this exercise is to train my body to be able to sleep quickly without prolonged waking time.  I'm beginning to wonder if I'm in the zombified state for long, is it even worth being awake for these extra hours?  However, I think that I'm thinking of quitting too soon into the process, I should give it more time, at least a week to property adjust to the schedule.  It's only been 36 hours or so and I'm nearly giving up.  Not good.  I think I'll try to go at least through the weekend - esp since it's Labor Day, it should be a bit easier - 3 days without work may be a little easier to digest.  

It's almost iftaar time, however the strange thing is that I'm not as hungry as I normally would be, nor am I as thirsty.  Perhaps just a one time thing.  Let's see how it progresses.  I do sincerely hope that I can fall asleep at 10.  I did notice that night time naps were somewhat easier while the day time ones have been brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment