Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 5 - Afternoon Update

So it's been nearly 24 hours since my last update.  I've actually been quite busy, between creating my to-do list and executing on it.  Nevertheless, let's move on to how the experiment is faring.

Last night went about without a hitch.  I had another very productive night.  Between the midnight nap and 6 am nap, I was extremely focused.  I'd say I was nearly a 9.  The 6AM nap did however cause a bit of a wrinkle in the experiment.  I severely overslept.  I went to bed around 6 AM and slept through multiple alarms finally waking at about 9 AM.  I woke up and was extremely groggy and it took a while for me to get my bearings.  Today again being an extremely busy (and productive) day, my noon nap time was displace by a few hours.

I ended up finally laying down at 3 PM, 3 hours later than I should have.  However I kept this nap brief (1/2 hour) so that I could try to get back in to the rhythm and take a 6 PM nap as well.  What I found peculiar was that around noon my body was craving for me to go take a nap.  Not just a nudge, rather a full blown drowsiness, like when one comes out of surgery or an allnighter. 

I'm currently at a 6 for awareness and feel like I'm fading fast. Well it's nearly 6 so it's time for me to take another nap.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment