Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 7 - Afternoon Update

So it's been a bit busy, and yesterday / today was quite difficult in terms of being able to maintain my schedule.  Unfortunately, yesterday 3 naps, 12 PM, 6 PM and the mid-night naps didn't go as planned.  The first 2, I was unable to get to sleep in.  The mid-night nap didn't end up happening until 4 AM unfortunately, I was so exhausted, I ended up oversleeping a few extra  hours.   My noon nap today was pushed back to around 2 PM and again it lasted a bit longer - as I slept through the alarm.

What I'm beginning to see is that it's critical to adhere to the schedule.  Any deviation from the set schedule has lasting effects.  A couple times where I have missed naps or been unable to sleep, I've paid the price by oversleeping and essentially losing the benefits of this schedule.  Additionally, when I oversleep, I wake up with terrible headaches and feelings of continued grogginess.  At this point, I've been wake for over 4 hours and yet I still feel extremely groggy.  Additionally, I think I might also be getting a cold, as the weather has changed a bit in the last few days.  Hopefully it doesn't last - the cold that is.

In the coming week, I'm going to try harder to stick ot the schedule.  In order to remedy the excess sleep, I skipped the 6 PM nap and will be sleeping again at mid-night.  Hopefully, I'll be back on track by 1 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment