Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 16 - Early AM Update - 3rd person narrative

He awoke from what seemed like an eternity.  His weary eyes bloodshot and tired struggle to focus.  He slowly lifts his body into what seems to be a seated position.  Slowly rotating his legs until they hang from the side of his newly purchased bed which is designed to help support his problematic back.  This night his back is without pain, perhaps his workout regime is finally helping or perhaps the bed is doing what it should.

He leaves his room, looking down the hallway, where a solitary night light dimly lit struggles to illuminate more than 3 square inches.  He slowly walks towards the light which is positioned directly across the stairway leading downstairs.  As he walks downstairs he wonders, why is he awake at such an ungodly hour?  Is this a natural way to exist?  As he takes another step, the overwhelming desire to head back to the comfort of his bed is begins to gnaw at his psyche.  Fighting the urge he continues further down the stairs, gripping the hand rail in what can be described as the minimal amount of light which his eyes could possibly use to make out objects.

He dare not turn on the lights, fearing he will wake the others.  With each step down the stairs, the wood seems to creak louder and louder to say that he will not get away this time.  Finally, as the floor began to scream at the top of it's lungs, he reached the bottom with a prolonged sigh.  He looks back up the stairs, expecting to see a shadow or two of the disturbed ones.  Seeing none, he has gotten away this time.  He inches his way into the kitchen and turns the corner, whereby another nightlight illuminates nothing but a few inches below itself.  However, this light is enough to allow him to make his way to the fridge.  Upon opening the fridge, a brightness which can only be described as the sun unleashing it's wrath on the unknowing nearly blinds him.  His eyes take what seems to be eons to adjust.

Well - I'll end my 3rd person narration as I seem to be boring myself ha!

 So yes, I tried taking my midnight nap, and I felt like I was laying there forever without falling asleep.  My 6 PM nap was much the same.  I now understand why my 6 AM naps are so intense and why I have such a difficult time getting up.  Well the good thing is that my creative juices are flowing.  While I was tired prior to my so called midnight nap, even though I didn't fall asleep I feel rested.  I actually have a lot of work which needs to get done tonight as I've been procrastinating - well not really, I've just re-prioritized other things over this and now I'm at the 11th hour trying to get it done!  Regardless, I'm over the 2 week hump and going strong!  One thing is that I am quite a bit under the weather, while I feel energized for short periods of time, I'm without energy for longer.  I suppose the meds I just took for my cold / fever have begun their effects, hence I'm here.  So I bid you adieu for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment